Rainy River Valley Safety Coalition Partners
Ambulance Services Report
- School Activities
- Primary school students have a better understanding of the role of the Emergency Medical Response in our areas through site visits and ambulance orientation programs
- Paramedics have been active in the schools with the Risk Watch Program and delivering safety messages in choking and poisoning prevention.
- CPR training for the secondary school students continues. This somewhat addresses the high risk group of 45-55 year by getting knowledge into the homes through the students.
- Local Paramedic John Beaton teamed with Fire Instructors to initiate a First Response Team in our local High School
- Car Seat Activity
- Local drop seat clinic is on going. 18 parents have been coached tomeet the car seat installation standards the past 12 months
- Ambulance Services participated in the Car Seat Train the Trainer Program, with further courses held in Dryden.
- Participation in local car seat clinics continues.
- Community Involvement
- Local School Activities – sport events, etc
- Risk Watch
- Substance Abuse
- Bike Safety
- Car Seat Loaner Program
- Emergency Training