Rainy River Valley Safety Coalition Partners
Ontario Provincial Police (O.P.P.)
- D.A.R.E. ( Drug Awareness Resistance Education) program taught in all grade 6 classes, Grade 10 at Rainy river and Fort Frances High School and Grade 3 at F.W. Huffman School. four more officers trained in elementary D.A.R.E.
- High School violence Prevention Team and Community Policing Committee pro-active in education at the high school with students, teachers and parents
- High school liaison office opened and manned by on duty officers. Officers are assigned from each shift to act as liaison in school. Community Service officer also active in the school as a liaison and to teach programs and awareness.
- Aggressive driver initiative conducted within district targeting aggressive drivers, seatbelt usage and other Highway Traffic Act offences.
- R.I.D.E. (Reduce Impaired Drivers Everywhere) officers conduct directed patrols aimed at impaired drivers.
- Provincial Seat Belt Campaign in spring and fall, officer’s focus on compliance of seat belt use.
- Community service officer conducts infant car seat instruction at prenatal classes at Riverside Health Care Hospital.
- Area partners and O.P.P. conduct child car seat inspections through out the Rainy River District
- Marine patrol on area waterways promoting safe boating and awareness, one more officer trained.
- Presentations given throughout the year on elder Abuse, Fraud, shoplifting, bullying, Senior’s driver education, drug abuse and law.
- Public service announcements on School Bus awareness, emergency vehicles and rules of the road.
- Drinking and Driving Simulator car presentations provided upon request.
- Informational booths provided on request for fairs.
- Community Policing Committee introduced the “LOCK IT OR LOSE IT” program. A sticker is placed on the windshield of cars to thank those citizens that lock their vehicles, and remind others to lock it of lose it.
- Bike Rodeo’s provided to all Fort Frances elementary schools, Alberton School, and Crossroads School Grades J.K. to Grade 6,.Public bike rodeo’s provided in Fort Frances, Emo and Rainy River.
- Grassroots Project conducted with Grade 3 F.W. Huffman on Rail Safety in partnership with C.N. Police.
- Mock impaired crash in partnership with S.A.P., O.S.A.I.D., FFFD, CN Police, riverside EMS and Fort Frances High School.